Murrays the Printers Ltd commenced business on February 9 1950 as Lithographic Plate Makers and general Printers.
The company was formed by the Murray brothers near to Fleet Street in Central London and was primarily set up to fulfil a demand for the printing plates of the lithographic presses which they were importing from America and supplying across the UK.
Within a few years the company and moved ahead under the whole ownership of Nicholas Murray to Dufferin Street, London, EC1, an area very well known as the printers patch of the City. In 1956 Peter Chard joined Murrays Photo-Lith Services as it was then known, as an apprentice. Three years later Tony Martin joined the business, the two quickly struck up a partnership and in 1973 bought the company off the retiring Murray.
The company grew to become one of the premier reprographics and platemaking suppliers in London and with expansion on the agenda they acquired Dufferin Press to give the business a ready made print facility.
Murrays were now producing some 10 million front pieces for Charles Letts Co, the 200-year-old diary company. Over time Murrays became more of a print company in its own right.
Digital Print Design Brochures Folders Leaflets Posters Business Cards Packaging Books Envelopes